2910 Health Care Reform

nitestokker

TnTU Grade School
Being an alcoholic automatically doesn't disqualify him , but does put him waaaaaay down the list. And self-inflicted maladies should keep someone off the list.
I agree totally, but the dude didn't become a doctor to pick and choose. He will help anyone who needs it to the best of his ability. Same as my job. Didn't become a cop to get rich or judge people. I will pull someone from a burning building whether they are a banker or convicted sex offender. No questions asked.:smoke:

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
I agree that health care should be a free market system (I personally think it should be regulated similar to banks and the finance system along with insurance companies)
Ok, so what happens to that alcoholic when their insurance will only cover the one doctor who has refused service.
Does the guy pay X$ he doesn't have to find another Dr when their insurance would cover (fully?)the one Dr he already has?

mike

Yadda Yadda !!!! Who asked ya ?????
I agree totally, but the dude didn't become a doctor to pick and choose. He will help anyone who needs it to the best of his ability. Same as my job. Didn't become a cop to get rich or judge people. I will pull someone from a burning building whether they are a banker or convicted sex offender. No questions asked.:smoke:

That is true, but once he owns his own business, it's his choice.

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
That might not be the reason he/she became a doctor, but it still doesn't disqualify them from being able to see or not see who they want. Just because they are doctors doesn't mean the have to see everyone.

nitestokker

TnTU Grade School
That might not be the reason he/she became a doctor, but it still doesn't disqualify them from being able to see or not see who they want. Just because they are doctors doesn't mean the have to see everyone.
True. I'd like to think they do it for love of the job, but I guess all professions have dickheads that pick and choose.:slap:

mike

Yadda Yadda !!!! Who asked ya ?????
Yes, and by law they have that right.

nitestokker

TnTU Grade School
Not good for business, but do what you want I guess.:beuj:

Thender

TnTU Guru
very slippery slope. Let's assume that patient a needs a liver transplant, but the doctor refuses to perform the operation because the doctor finds out that patient a was an alcoholic. The doctor is the only one that can perform the operation at that hospital. Is it right for that doctor to decline the surgery?

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
Castro gave us kudos for passing it!

As Dennis Miller said...
"If you're batman, and the penguin and joker are telling you what a great job you're doing, then something has to be wrong"

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
:tup:

:rule:

Top Bottom