Arizona passes SB 1070: Cops to determine Immigration Status

mike

Yadda Yadda !!!! Who asked ya ?????
I'm just for protecting that damn border !!!!:fus:

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
So let me get this right....you think enforcing our nation's law is fascist?

This is just one of the problems with the Lefties...

viking80fan

One of the remaining few!
So let me get this right....you think enforcing our nation's law is fascist?

This is just one of the problems with the Lefties...
Enforcing :offtopic: This is about enacting a new law.

No, I do not have a problem with the cops enforcing the laws. Unfortunately, the enacted law will have to be enforced. The thing that is fascist about the new law is that it isolates and targets a specific group of people. Will the cops ask the Canadian or Russian that is illegal for papers? Most likely not. They are going to be looking for the Mexican. [sounds hitler-ish, doesn't it]. But you go ahead and keep labeling President Obama with the Hitler-type mustache on all the posters

The immigration law is federal law, then let the federal government deal with. If the State wants to do it on its own, then it should not ask the federal government for any help or overwhelm their already depleted and over-worked police force. So the question for the right is, do you want it to be a federal or state mandate?

Thender

TnTU Guru
This law mimics a FEDERAL law... What part of ILLEGAL immigrant are you having a problem with grasping.

And it is not just the Mexicans they are targeting, it is ALL illegal immigrants. Not only are the Mexicans crossing our southern border illegally, but so are the Chinese and Middle Easterners...

The only people I see protesting this are the left that is trying to make it a right wing issue when if they had been paying attention, Bush didn't do a fricken thing for illegal immigration either! Hell, he let two border guards stay in prison for doing their fricken job!!!

And the other people that I see protesting are illegal immigrants!!! Go figure....

viking80fan

This law mimics a FEDERAL law... What part of ILLEGAL immigrant are you having a problem with grasping.

And it is not just the Mexicans they are targeting, it is ALL illegal immigrants. Not only are the Mexicans crossing our southern border illegally, but so are the Chinese and Middle Easterners...

The only people I see protesting this are the left that is trying to make it a right wing issue when if they had been paying attention, Bush didn't do a fricken thing for illegal immigration either! Hell, he let two border guards stay in prison for doing their fricken job!!!

And the other people that I see protesting are illegal immigrants!!! Go figure....
:whack: I needed that.....

OK, lets try this again. I do not have a problem with the government (state or federal) enforcing the law. Illegals are coming from all sides of the mainland. Although, Middle Easterns and Chinese are also a problem, the reality is that they use Canada to enter the U.S., or in some cases California. Arizona, which is the State we are focusing on, the majority of illegals are from Mexico. So, when you give the authority to the police to question all "brown" looking people for papers, you are targeting a specific group of people. That is why I referred to this law as fascism.

Listen, the bottom line is that the left can't accuse the right of being this, and the right can't accuse the left on being that, because in reality both sides are guilty. That is all I tried to get across.

Thender

TnTU Guru
Damn, didn't know the Mexican's are carrying Islamic prayer rugs through the Arizona dessert...

Secondly, the police are not going to be targeting anyone... But if they stop you for a traffic violation or such, they have the right to ask for your identification, and if they determin that you are in the country illegally, they have the right to detain you...

I have family in Arizona which is the #1 state in the country for kidnappings... It is getting down right fricken dangerous there and we are not talking on the border either...

Something has to be done.

Itsme

Wasting time is my business and business is good!
Having JUST got back from Arizona, I can tell you that a whole lotta people ain't happy about this passing. Already talk of lawsuits there.

Oh, and just to give you an idea how easy it is to come across a gun carrier down there, just over the weekend, I got to peruse one of these up close and personal. Good Lord that thing is heavy.

viking80fan

But if they stop you for a traffic violation or such, they have the right to ask for your identification, and if they determin that you are in the country illegally, they have the right to detain you...
The new law requires that you carry proof of citizenship. So asides from the normal I.D. (driver license), proof of insurance, car title, etc..., the cops have the right to ask for proof of citizenship. For resident aliens is either showing the pink card, or for those with visas, the green card.

So, let's say the officer pulls over a blonde. How likely is s/he to ask for proof of citizenship? Now, it is a mexican-looking female? How likely is s/he to ask for proof of citizenship? The odds are drastically tilted. That is profiling.

I have family in Arizona which is the #1 state in the country for kidnappings... It is getting down right fricken dangerous there and we are not talking on the border either...

Something has to be done.
I have no problem with the State of Arizona trying to curve their recent spike in violent crimes. Most have been tied to the ongoing drug wars. If profiling is the way they want to go about it, I can live with that. But, my point still is that the right-wing Republicans are just as guilty in enacting fascist policies as they have accused the Obama administration.

Thender

TnTU Guru
Dude... You already carry proof of citezenship.... It IS your drivers license.... That's why states like Ne. and Ia. are changing the way you get yer license renewal...

Yup! You are right!!!! Just so you realize that obama and his administration, has taken it to the next level...

viking80fan

Dude... You already carry proof of citezenship.... It IS your drivers license.... That's why states like Ne. and Ia. are changing the way you get yer license renewal...

Yup! You are right!!!! Just so you realize that obama and his administration, has taken it to the next level...

Thender, Thender, Thender.......illegal immigrants can easily get driver licenses, not the real ones though.....

nitestokker

TnTU Grade School
The new law is exactly like the current Federal Law already in place since the 1980's. Their intention was two fold-1) to get the feds to take notice that the locals are tired of the bullshit record violence and 2) to give the local police authority to enforce that same federal law. State and local cops are not allowed to enforce federal laws and vice versa. This closes that gap. Sorry to intervene, but I happen to know about this kind of thing.:calm:

viking80fan

The new law is exactly like the current Federal Law already in place since the 1980's. Their intention was two fold-1) to get the feds to take notice that the locals are tired of the bullshit record violence and 2) to give the local police authority to enforce that same federal law. State and local cops are not allowed to enforce federal laws and vice versa. This closes that gap. Sorry to intervene, but I happen to know about this kind of thing.:calm:
Don't apologize about intervening; it is expected.

Thanks for the law enforcement lesson, but initially I only wanted to emphasize that the right wing is just as guilty in enacting policies that can be foreseen as "fascist," as they claim the left to do. That was all. I think AZ has every right to protect its constituents, I just believe they did it the wrong way.

Itsme

Wasting time is my business and business is good!
The people that I talked with over last weekend - a number of which who were not white, actually have no problem having to "show their papers'. What they are having a problem wth is what reasons the authorities are going to be coming up with just so they can ask for identification. I'm guessing the license tag light out excuse is about to take a beating from overuse.

dracula

Well..on Obama's lead..the left is already demonizing Arizona and lying about them. Now the mantra they are using is 'Show me your papers', and of course his willing accomplices in the press are taking this to a new level....calling them Nazi's...

Well done Liberals....

viking80fan

Well..on Obama's lead..the left is already demonizing Arizona and lying about them. Now the mantra they are using is 'Show me your papers', and of course his willing accomplices in the press are taking this to a new level....calling them Nazi's...

Well done Liberals....

Just taking a page out of the Conservative's playbook

mike

Yadda Yadda !!!! Who asked ya ?????
all else fails, BLAME THE RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shake:

dracula

Just taking a page out of the Conservative's playbook
Oh please...it was the Clinton Machine that invented the tactic....the Politics of Personal Destruction.

Top Bottom