Arizona passes SB 1070: Cops to determine Immigration Status

mike

Yadda Yadda !!!! Who asked ya ?????
Funny how ACORN got all these names registered, another reason they have been disbanded. Cause the left was crooked

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
In the State of Nebraska, and being a 47 year resident I know this , your Driver's License is Proof of Citizenship in this state. You had your DL from another state, it's a reciprocating law NE has with other states. Your previous state was to certify that .

viking80fan

One of the remaining few!
In the State of Nebraska, and being a 47 year resident I know this , your Driver's License is Proof of Citizenship in this state. You had your DL from another state, it's a reciprocating law NE has with other states. Your previous state was to certify that .
Are you sure all 50 states verify citizenship to receive a drivers license?

dracula

If they are like Nebraska, ya need a Birth Certificate to get yer driver's license here...don't know about the other states rules...but I believe they do it indirectly with the ID ya gotta have to get one.

viking80fan

If they are like Nebraska, ya need a Birth Certificate to get yer driver's license here...don't know about the other states rules...but I believe they do it indirectly with the ID ya gotta have to get one.
I do not recall having to provide my birth certificate. All I remember providing was proof that I took 6-hours of behind the wheel training, that I took the classes and that I lived at the address that I provided.

I sure hope that this has changed now though. If it is right that you have to provide a birth certificate or passport to receive a license these days, I have no problem with that.

mike

Cause it HAS to be a "Federal Law not a state thing" !!!!!

nothing like going for that bigger government !!!!!!!!!

mike

if they were stepping out of the way, they wouldn't have said a word !!!!!!!!:doh:

mike

nevermind, your Kool Aid is down aisle 3. So go drink some more of it.

dracula

Hey to me it looks like Gov't stepping out of the way. I thought that is what you wanted
Now yer trying to have an argument with no basis....your premise is fatally flawed.
The Constitution states the Fed Gov't is charged with protecting our borders.
The States have the right to protect their borders if they see the need. For teh Constitution declares them sovereign in their own right.
The Gov't needs to 'step' away from intruding in our personal lives, I think I've made that point waaaaaaaaaay to many times.

viking80fan

Now yer trying to have an argument with no basis....your premise is fatally flawed.
The Constitution states the Fed Gov't is charged with protecting our borders.
The States have the right to protect their borders if they see the need. For teh Constitution declares them sovereign in their own right.
The Gov't needs to 'step' away from intruding in our personal lives, I think I've made that point waaaaaaaaaay to many times.

Alright, let get serious for a minute then. I do not disagree with the States having control of their own borders. The link to the last article that I posted stated that the Federal Gov't will not "take care" of any of the illegal immigrants that Arizona detains due to Immigration Law. Here, it would fall on Arizona to deport those people. The federal government simply is saying that they are not going to take the resources to preferentially help one State with deporting illegal immigrants. Simply put, the Federal Government is telling Arizona that their State Government cannot tell them what to do. They are staying out of their way. Plus, these would not be illegals detained at the border. These are people that they may find within AZ.

dracula

Saw that...it will be a good day when this law is upheld.

Itsme

Wasting time is my business and business is good!
"Hispanics abandon Arizona, fleeing economy, immigration law

Arizona’s hard-hitting immigration law is driving Hispanics out of the state weeks before the controversial law goes into effect.

Although concrete figures are not available, anecdotal evidence suggests Hispanics, both legal residents and illegal immigrants, are starting to flee.

Schools in Hispanic neighborhoods are reporting abnormal enrollment drops, and businesses that serve Hispanics also report that business is down, according to a USA Today report published Wednesday."

Hispanics abandon Arizona, fleeing economy, immigration law - Yahoo! News

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
they may be leaving arizona, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to california or texas instead of mexico

hmmmm but I do have to wonder.... why would LEGAL hispanics see the need to leave....?

dracula

Perhaps they don't want that free bus ride back to Mexico???...I hear that's the most widely used punishment for violating American Immigration Laws...

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
Perhaps they don't want that free bus ride back to Mexico???...I hear that's the most widely used punishment for violating American Immigration Laws...
Am I to understand that your response to my question about LEGALS is that they need to go back to Mexico? I just want to be clear before I go off half cocked.

viking80fan

they may be leaving arizona, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to california or texas instead of mexico

hmmmm but I do have to wonder.... why would LEGAL hispanics see the need to leave....?
The Legal Mexican-Americans (who may be U.S. Born citizens or naturalized citizens) are simply leaving AZ to make a stand. They are trying to prove a point that AZ cannot survive without them.

Drac, way out of bounds dude. Not every "Mexican" in AZ is illegal. Your comment just goes to prove the point as to how biased this law can be.

Top Bottom