Arizona passes SB 1070: Cops to determine Immigration Status

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
Upon further examination of this thread...I find the title itself to be in error. United States Code(law), determines Immigration status, not cops. The cops would only be enforcing Federal Law.

viking80fan

One of the remaining few!
Upon further examination of this thread...I find the title itself to be in error. United States Code(law), determines Immigration status, not cops. The cops would only be enforcing Federal Law.
Who did Arizona give the power to the "federal" law? Aren't the cops that one that receive the extra responsibility? Therefore, they are the ones determining the immigration status of its citizens. Plus, this is a state law.

dracula

This State Law only enforces US Immigration Code, something the Gov't hasn't been doing for decades. The cops can only determine if someone is step with Federal Law. They don't make the determination. They take the information given, send it to a regional INS office, and they determine if the Immigration Staus is legal.
There is nothing new in this law. Just well overdue enforcement.

dracula

they may be leaving arizona, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to california or texas instead of mexico

hmmmm but I do have to wonder.... why would LEGAL hispanics see the need to leave....?
Because they believe the lies this Administration has been telling them.

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
lies the state of az has told them, like, you won't be discriminated against?

dracula

lies the state of az has told them, like, you won't be discriminated against?
So only Republican Lead states wanting to uphold the laws discriminate....

please don't try to pass your self off as a Libertarian anymore....it's not working.

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
So only Republican Lead states wanting to uphold the laws discriminate....

please don't try to pass your self off as a Libertarian anymore....it's not working.
What does republican or demo have to do with discriminating?
Even if Democrats backed this law, made this law, it would still be discrimination.

What part of you can't expect LEGAL citizens to carry papers and have background checks run on them because of the color of their skin or heritage is confusing to you?

Top Bottom