Bill introduced in the Nebraska Legislature would allow teachers to carry guns

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by viking80fan, Jan 18, 2011.

1. viking80fan

viking80fan One of the remaining few!

Bill Would Allow Teachers To Carry Guns - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha

What could possibly go wrong?

• Like Like x 2
  2. lilyvon schtupp

lilyvon schtupp Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes

awesome!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thender

Thender TnTU Guru

Give that bill some new momentum!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dave

Dave KingDick
    Staff Member

You'll see a lot more school break ins, just to get those guns!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thender

Thender TnTU Guru

The guns shouldn't be in the school, they should be on the teachers when they leave. Also just the fact that the schools advertise that their teachers carry is good practice weather the teachers are carrying or not....

6. Dave

Dave KingDick
    Staff Member

How will that stop any school shooting?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thender

Thender TnTU Guru

Look at any instance of a school shooting or store shooting where mass murder has happened and they have one thing in common... They advertise no guns allowed on the property... There have been three school shootings after sandy hook that you don't hear about in the main stream media, and that is because all three perps were shot and killed by armed security before the perps could kill.

8. Dave

Dave KingDick
    Staff Member

Well, I'm of the belief that if you ban guns, then you'll have to ban boards with nails in them, because that'll be the next assault weapon.

Do you think we need armed guards in schools Thender, or is there really no solution to these school shootings? In my opinion, I think that's just how the US is wired, we're a very vengeful society, I don't think banning guns would solve anything, but I wouldn't object to banning assault weapons personally.

Stronger background checks wouldn't work, and we can't do racial profiling for "crazy looking white men with a grudge", so ????

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thender

Thender TnTU Guru

Do we need armed guards in schools???? Apparently we do.... That is where the crazies are taking their killing too... Advertise like some Texas, Ohio, Arizona school systems that "Our teachers are fully trained and armed to protect our children"...

(Side note) When Obama Came here to Shen 5 years ago and campaigned in a little park a block behind my house, Did he or his secret service know how many houses around that park had guns?

There is a lot of mental health issues affecting not just the USA but all countries.... Answer for that... I do not know... All I can say it is prevalent in abundance... Scary....

Why would you want to ban """Assault Weapons""" What makes a "weapon" an """Assault Weapon"""??? All Guns can be defined as """Assault Weapons""" or a defence weapon... At Sandy Hook it was determined the little puke used two to four handguns (Depending on what news source says so)... The AR-15 was taken from the trunk of his car later that night.... (side note: AR does not stand for "assault Riffle" But for "Armalite Rifle"...

Nancy Pelosi just decided on one spacial day to take a Shotgun News magazine and circle all guns in there that she thought looked like assault weapons... Hence we got the assault weapons ban in Clinton's era.... Yet she circled an AR-15 but not the M-1 Garand Rifle from WWII, or the M-14 Springfield or the 30 M-1 Carbine from WWII and the Korean and the Vietnam War.... No, the AR looks nasty because it has all this plastic guards on it... Doesn't look traditional.... They all do the same thing....One pull of the trigger = 1 round sent down range... They are not fully automatic "Machine guns" that the media likes you to think they are... A recent phone survey of 1000 asked "what is an assault rifle" and 97% responded "a machine gun".... It's all about education.... My dad builds all these different rifles for competition shooting.... YES these rifles are used for competition and hunting.... BUT! The 2nd Amendmant has nothing to do with hunting or marksmenship.... It is protect your right to arm your self against a tyranical Government....

Now lets talk about the proposed ban on high capacity magazines.... High capacity magazines do not WORK!!! They jam! When I was in the Army we had two magazines for our M-16... a 20 round and a 30 round capacity magazine. we never carried a 30 round because our guns would jam up and our 20 round magazines were only allowed to be loaded with 18 rounds max.... The springs are weak and could not be compressed to much without them losing their tension.... The silly idiot that went into the movie theatre in Colorado used a semi automatic rifle with a 100 round, double barrel (or tub) high capacity magazine.... His gun jammed on the third shot... He used a shotgun after that... Coincidently, the theatre advertised "NO GUNS ALLOWED"...

As for background checks... We have the strongest that there is.... Although there is no communication between law enforcement and health agencies.... This crap about needing background checks between private individual sales will not work... until, maybe, a gun is used in the advent of a crime... Then the Govt. will proactively come for you after the fact....

Rant over... (Thanks Dave) :biggrin:

10. Dave

Dave KingDick
    Staff Member

I used to own an SKS (with bayonet! to stick people with), and I never had any luck with the higher capacity magazines. But if they're so problematic, why would somebody buy them?

My assault weapon stance is simply because it doesn't affect me personally, it doesn't matter to me if there's a law against them or not. I have the same view on abortion.. Don't want abortion? Don't have one. Don't want assault weapons? Don't own one. I don't think having a law will reduce any school shootings. Canada has a low school shooting rate, but they don't appear to have strict gun laws, so all these comparisons between the US and other countries don't hold a lot of water, in my opinion.

Nobody's really been talking about "answers" about school shootings, they're just trying to institute "reactions" on both sides of the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thender

Thender TnTU Guru

You are right on two accounts, but I need some time to look up some new info... If I remember right, Canada has some of the most restrictive gun laws but lowest on per capita occupatoion....

Reason why idiots buy high capacity mags... because they are there.... (Marketing)....

And two days after Sandy Hook.... A man walked into a school in China and stabbed 34 kids with a sword/knife.... China has the most restrictive gun control laws.....

And as far as "I don't have them so why care" stance.... Are you playing with me Dave????

12. Dave

Dave KingDick
    Staff Member

I figured you'd like that answer. :jerry:

"When they came for my guns, I said nothing, because I don't own any."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thender

Thender TnTU Guru

I know when some one is sticking their tongue in my ear right before they are getting ready to jerk me off.... :bunchafags:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baron von Skidmarck

The guns aren't kept in the school.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Baron von Skidmarck

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dave

Dave KingDick
    Staff Member

Baron, do you have any suggestions on how to make schools safer, if at all possible?

17. Baron von Skidmarck

Let's see.
    Teachers with concealed carry permits.
    Exterior doors that have to be activated from the inside.
    Classroom doors with an electronic lock only activated by someone on the inside.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. viking80fan

viking80fan One of the remaining few!

Your solution is to run schools like prison?