Movie reviews

TNT_Tony

Olivia Munn is F***ing HOT!!
It's time for another worthless, early, movie review! Up for review today is The Ugly Truth.

I didn't expect much from this movie, but it turned out to be decent. It has some funny stuff off and on throughout the movie. IMO most of the laughs came from Gerard Butler. There's no need to go out of your way to see this, but if you're itching to see a movie, you could do a lot worse than this.

I saw "The Hangover" last weekend. Easily the funniest movie I have seen in a theater in a while, but that is not saying a lot. Not too long -- and not all of the funny parts are in the trailer. In fact, perhaps one of the funniest scenes occurs directly after this:

But I won't spoil the surprise.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless, early, movie review! Up for review today is District 9.

This movie was definitely different from anything I've seen. For the first 20-25 minutes, it feels like you're watching a documentary. After that it more or less becomes a regular movie. I liked the second half of the movie more than the first half, which I thought was somewhat slow.

The ads for this movie basically lie to you. They make it look like it's just some big action movie, which it is not. There is some cool action scenes, but most of them happen late in the movie. The rest I can't really mention because it would pretty much be a spoiler.

Overall I didn't think this movie was amazing like people are making it sound, but at the same time it is still pretty interesting.

TNT_Tony

People seem to like it way more than me. Someone called it the "Dark Knight" of alien movies. I was like "Uh, no."

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless movie review! Up for review today is Zombieland.

This movie was pretty good. It's funny and very bloody. It has a few cheap scare moments, but that's about it as far as scares go. There is also something that happens that's pretty freaking random, but cool. I won't spoil it. I have no real complaints with this one.

Itsme

Wasting time is my business and business is good!
Goin to see it myself today at 4:20. Hubby's a big zombie movie freak. Though, I suspect Woody is probably entertaining at the very least.

Itsme

My review - I actually was quite entertained by the whole movie. Woody didn't disappoint. The random surprise was great too. The movie was definitely bloody, but no one goes to a zombie movie not expecting that.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless movie review! Up for review today is Michael Jackson's This Is It.

This was pretty entertaining. Lots of cool performances and crazy sets. They did some cool movie type stuff with Smooth Criminal and Thriller. If you're an MJ fan, this is pretty much a must see. If you do see it, you may want to sit through all the credits. There are a few minor extras that come on after.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless, early movie review! Up for review today is Sherlock Holmes.

This was a decent flick. There's some humorous parts and some entertaining action scenes. Robert Downey Jr. is pretty entertaining for the most part.

Itsme

I plan to see this one myself, though I'm a Robert Downey, Jr. fan. So, I'm not surprised you said he was entertaining. He usually is.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless, early movie review! Up for review today is Valentine's Day.

Normally I wouldn't want to see something like this, but it had too many people I liked..Plus it was free. :biggrin:

I ended up enjoying it a lot more than I expected. It's not a super mushfest (for the most part...) and there are some funny scenes here and there. It's definitely not a chick flick either IMO. If you get dragged to this, you may end up liking it. Maybe. :wink:

Top Bottom