Movie reviews

TNT_Tony

Olivia Munn is F***ing HOT!!
It's time for another worthless, early movie review! Up for review today is Shutter Island.

This movie was good, but weird. There were lost of twists and turns with the plot. It's pretty different from the way the previews make it look. I wasn't a huge fan of the shots of dead children... There's also a few bloody scenes. Overall it was an enjoyable movie that keeps you guessing. It kept me guessing at least.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless, early movie review! Up for review today is Grown Ups.

Based on the previews, it really didn't look all that funny to me. Luckily, it's much funnier than the commercials make it look. There was actually one laugh out loud moment for me. If you have any interest in this movie, go for it.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless, early movie review! Up for review today is Vampires Suck.

I thought this was hilarious for the most part. It was pretty lacking in terms of gross out humor, which was surprising since Date Movie and Epic Movie featured it. I think you have to have seen the first two Twilight movies to really be able to laugh at this. At one point they actually give away a huge spoiler about the last book/movie. When I heard it, it made me wonder if anyone in the theater was mad that they heard it.

Overall, this is actually one of the better spoof movies IMO.

TNT_Tony

It's time for another worthless movie review! Up for review today is Resident Evil : Afterlife in Imax 3D

I actually saw this on Thursday night. I really didn't like the previous movie so much, so I didn't know what to expect here. Luckily it was better. It starts off with tons of action, and then it slows down a bit. It starts getting pretty entertaining about halfway through the movie. It's worth checking out if you like the series.

Itsme

Wasting time is my business and business is good!
I'm no Resident Evil fan, so maybe I shouldn't be the one asking this, but I do know a few who are. Given the history of the last one being considered not great at best, do you think that Resident Evil fan is going to want to pay Imax prices for this sequel? I know I've not seen many ads for the movie and you'd think there would be since most other Imax release movies tend to get over-hyped to the point that we're sick of hearing about them by the time they open. Do you think the studio isn't pushing it enough or is there a reason they're trying to bury it?

In a nutshell - is the studio trying to kill the series -and- is the movie not bad enough (note that I didn't say "good enough"...heh) that Resident Evil fan will want to pay Imax prices?

TNT_Tony

They're definitely not killing the franchise. They are already moving forward with a 5th movie.
Also, it's not only available in Imax theaters. It's in regular theaters, too. BTW I saw the movie for free. :biggrin:

Itsme

Wasting time is my business and business is good!
Dang...I guess me and hubby just ain't lucky. He buys tickets and movie gift cards all the time and they never send him any. And me - I always sign up to win movie tickets and never do. Ah well. Someday.

TNT_Tony

I saw Evil Dead. I didn't really find it all that scary, but I still enjoyed it. It has some very bloody and graphic scenes. There are even a couple of laughs when you hear the demonic voice say certain things.

TNT_Tony

I saw an early screening of Man of Steel. I thought it was pretty good. If felt a bit slow here and there, and most of the action scenes happen late in the movie, but they are quite nice to look at.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
As much exposure as I've seen that movie, and how kinda bad the last one was, I was a little frightened for this one. I'd like to see it, but I think my expectations will be too high.

I saw a big MoS display in Wal-Mart, and on Dodge Ram Pickup commercials (really?), and probably tie-ins with 2 other commercials I saw, and I though, "Oh shit, this is gonna suck worse than Godzilla".

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
I saw the Great Gatsby and was pleasantly surprised. It'd be a good date movie I think for those with significant others.

TNT_Tony

As much exposure as I've seen that movie, and how kinda bad the last one was, I was a little frightened for this one. I'd like to see it, but I think my expectations will be too high.

I saw a big MoS display in Wal-Mart, and on Dodge Ram Pickup commercials (really?), and probably tie-ins with 2 other commercials I saw, and I though, "Oh shit, this is gonna suck worse than Godzilla".
I didn't care for Superman Returns, either, but I still liked this one. Also, I forgot about the obvious product placements in this movie. - IHOP, Sears, 7-11. There may be one other I'm forgetting.

TNT_Tony

I saw This is the End. I thought it was pretty funny. Also, surprisingly violent at times. There are also certain things you don't see in the previews that were a bit unexpected.