Party of NO strikes again: Senate Republicans Kill Jobless Aid Measure

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
Republicans immediately tried to pass a one-month extension of unemployment benefits that would have been fully paid for with unallocated stimulus funds. But Democrats objected.
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin, D-Ill, decried the move, using stimulus funds which are supposed to stimulate job creation. McConnell pointed out that his bill would simply use the same funds Democrats used in the bill that failed to get 60 votes.

As a libertarian I'm not for any stimulus money. However, for the 'publicians to try to switch it up like this is indiciative of thier hyprocracy. Obviously it's not about the money or taxes.

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
"By blocking an up or down vote on this legislation, Republicans in the Senate obstructed a common-sense package that would save jobs, extend tax cuts for businesses and provide relief for American families who have suffered through the worst economic downfall since the Great Depression......Obama Spokesman
This has so much Hypocrisy in it, I almost puked. Democrats bitching about an up or down vote? C'mon...it was ok to do that when it was GW's Judge appointments...now it's not?

Save Jobs? My ass...I thought that was supposed to be the Porkulus Stimulus Package's job, which it hasn't. The taxes and economic policies this Liberal Congress and President has imposed will continue to make it impossible to create jobs.

Worst Economic downfall since the Depression? Another MY ASS!! I lived thru Carter..it was much worse then as it is now.

And by the way...look forward to less in your paycheck after the upcoming elections...

dracula

Did yer mom...then she made me a sammich!!!
More deficit...how much more food will they take off my table before they are happy....

lilyvon schtupp

I'm sorry that you're starving to death.
Love that free market economy/free trade that lets banks hand out bonuses while laying off good people.
How many on here took a pay cut in the past two years?
How many here would rather give our tax dollars to our fellow citizens rather than pay for wars that only give more money to big companies and foreign companies?
How many here would rather use our tax dollars to developing reusable energy resources than relying on a foreign company to fuck up our shores and running with their tail between their legs back to england and whine that they want their life back?
I'm sorry you're starving Drac.

lilyvon schtupp

The Washington DC based National Coalition for the Homeless says 61 percent of local and state homeless organizations have registered an increase in homeless people since 2007. The problem is being attributed to home repossessions, the credit crunch and rising unemployment.
The picture shows just such a tent city in Reno, Nevada. Reno suffers from one of the highest home repossession rates in the United States and this tent city sprung up to a population of 150 people very quickly. Sylvia Finn, 51, tells of how she lost her job in Northern California, couldn't keep up with rent payments and has little choice but to settle here. Soup kitchens in the area report serving hundreds of more people a day than usual.
The report supports the belief that the United States is in an unofficial recession with the lower and middle classes increasingly uncertain about their economic security amid rising oil and food prices.
Even affluent cities are not safe from the specter. Santa Barbara reports scores of people living in their cars in city car parks. Fresno, too, is plagued by tent cities. Ohio, Washington and Orgon report increasing concern over this problem.
Homeless activists in Seattle have been protesting outside City Hall by setting up mock tent cities.

lilyvon schtupp

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Bush signed The Unemployment Extension Act of 2008 into law Friday, lengthening the period of government assistance to Americans struggling in the shrinking job market.
The measure helps people whose benefits have recently expired, extending benefits by seven weeks in all states, and extending them for another 13 weeks on top of that in states with unemployment rates that have averaged 6% or higher over the most recent three months.(See state unemployment rates.)
So those who live in a high unemployment states will receive a total of 20 more weeks and nearly half of the states fit that criteria as of October, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

shame on Bush for stealing Drac's food

lilyvon schtupp

What you get: States have their own formulas for determining how much you will receive and for how long, but a general rule of thumb is that you will get half of your last paycheck for 26 weeks, explained Andy Stettner, deputy director of the National Employment Law Project.
In most states that is based on what you earned over your base year - up to a certain amount. Every state sets its own maximum, based on that state's average income. The average unemployment insurance benefit is $292 a week according to the Department of Labor.

lilyvon schtupp

Nationally, the percent of children living in poverty went up 6 percent from 2000 to 2008. Other areas that have worsened nationally are the percent of low-birthweight babies born and the percent of children living in single-parent families. New Hampshire held steady in these categories. Healthiest state for kids? New Hampshire, study says - Health - Kids and parenting - msnbc.com

from 2000 to 2008, when Bush was in power... I can only imagine where that number is at now

lilyvon schtupp

I should clarify before the tbaggers here think I'm unfairly blaming bush for the economic downturn... no, I don't think it was bush's fault, it just happened to have started when he was president and continued on
However, for children living in poverty going up 6% during bush's reign, that I DO blame him for.
Trickle down economics with tax cuts my ass.

viking80fan

One of the remaining few!
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Bush signed The Unemployment Extension Act of 2008 into law Friday, lengthening the period of government assistance to Americans struggling in the shrinking job market.
The measure helps people whose benefits have recently expired, extending benefits by seven weeks in all states, and extending them for another 13 weeks on top of that in states with unemployment rates that have averaged 6% or higher over the most recent three months.(See state unemployment rates.)
So those who live in a high unemployment states will receive a total of 20 more weeks and nearly half of the states fit that criteria as of October, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

shame on Bush for stealing Drac's food

Lily, thanks. I thought that Bush signed a similar measure, but could not find the name of the bill.

There are so many similarities between Bush and Obama in ragards to the economy that I am starting to believe that the only reason the t-baggers or right-wingers do not like this administration is because the President has a D after his name or because he is of African decent.

lilyvon schtupp

Lily, thanks. I thought that Bush signed a similar measure, but could not find the name of the bill.

There are so many similarities between Bush and Obama in ragards to the economy that I am starting to believe that the only reason the t-baggers or right-wingers do not like this administration is because the President has a D after his name or because he is of African decent.
lol--true dat!
aside from his history (hello, bush had a history too-- of cocaine use) I don't see much that faux and the t-baggers can complain about
he's kept this Just war going
hasn't repealed bush's policies
and has stayed steady with the economic policies that started spiraling this country down
hmmmm a politician is a politician is a politician

Top Bottom