Server Move and Site Changes

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
Beginning sometime prior to 12/25/2010, TnTU.net will be switching servers.

First, once the move begins, the forums will be made inactive, and the software and database moved to a new server. Once the move is complete, the forums will be reopened on the new server.

What this means to TnTU.net members is that if you visit this site, and see a notice about the forums being closed, it means the move is in progress, and/or that your internet service provider hasn't recognized that the site has a new server yet. This might take up to 24 hours to complete.

Other than the interruption of the forums being closed, everything else should be transparent to the visitor hopefully.

Once TnTU.net is moved to a new server, I've developed a plan to eventually move all of its content to a new domain name, omahaevent.com, to focus on the omaha/council bluffs region. The "Todd and Tyler Radio Empire" content will still exist, as well as the other TnTU.net features, but new forum categories will exist strictly for local content.

More news about this later. Thanks for visiting

lilyvon schtupp

Sodomy for Hire, Solicting for Immoral Purposes
awesome
I hope this breathes some life back into it.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
The server move started 12/14/2010, and if you see this posting, then your ISP has recognized that the site has moved.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
My ISP has made the DNS switch from the old server to the new server, if you are experiencing any problems or errors, send me an email to "sneaky" (at) "sneakydave.com", and I'll look into it. There was some instability earlier when I was adjusting some cache sizes, but I think things should be back to normal now.

The shout box may or may not work for you, depending on if your connection tries to post your comment to the new shout box server, or the old shout box server. Your mileage may vary.

lilyvon schtupp

I feel a change coming on...
I'm good.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
FYI, the current update is that a site name change may hopefully change soon. I'm still investigating how to transfer some software licenses.

Also, FYI, to facilitate this transfer, I've removed anybody designated as a moderator to a forum, either due to the fact that the moderator hasn't been around much lately, or to help when I start re-organizing some forums.

Thanks

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
Just FYI....

ok, after a lot of middlin' around and navel gazing, here's the update regarding the site and the future.

TnTU is staying the way it is for the foreseeable future, rather than moving content to a new omaha focused web site.

There's a 50/50 chance that I'm launching a new omaha area based site on a new platform.

lilyvon schtupp

Should we all go there?
Joining up would give it a good start.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
You can sign up when it's ready if you like, but due to what I've learned with other forums, it'll be more restrictive as far as the content allowed than this site, unfortunately.

It'll be a different platform, with similar but more restrictive rules, and for the time being, no arcade or pseudo betting system with fake money. These types of things tend to get sites banned at workplaces, for no apparent reason!

I don't follow The Todd and Tyler Radio Empire much anymore, so I haven't really been able to contribute here much, but I don't plan to shut anything down.

The Omaha flavored site will start from scratch like this one, support itself with ads, no donations, and of course, will focus on Omaha and the surrounding areas.

lilyvon schtupp

can we discuss local politics there?