The Video Game Thread

TNT_Tony

Olivia Munn is F***ing HOT!!
In this thread, you can talk about all things video game related. You can talk about games you are looking forward to, you can talk about games that you are currently playing, you post your collection of games and/or systems, or you can ask questions about games.

I already said this in the shoutbox, but the only game I'm playing right now is Final Fantasy IV on my GBA.

Oh. and one more thing..."So I'm a geek and I was hangin' with my stupid geek buddies, and we did a bunch of stupid geek things."

That is all.......

Chris84

Goes down smooth.
On my downtime I'm probably playing on my buddies Xbox 360. Fight Night Round 3, Call of Duty 2, and Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

ob1

oh bee one
Thanks for the thread TT!

I have Xbox, PS2, GameCube, DreamCast, SNES, NES, PSP, GameBoy Advance SP and GameColor....I can't recall the last game I played!!

We are a gaming family and my favorite is Mortal Kombat. My son and I are currently knee deep in Hot Shots Golf Open Tee for the PSP.

Alinthemorning

Unofficial TNT Contributor
I spend some time in the arcade here, mostly playing the classics that I seem to have forgotten all the ways to succeed. My kids have PS2 and Super Nintendo. We have some fun weekend tournaments in Madden or golf. Not into it as much as some of you younger guys, but I enjoy having some quality time with the boys.

Like Larry the Cable Guy says - "How the hell do you pass on this thing?" (push C, then B, then up, then B, C, A, A, Up!) Why don't they just put a freakin button on there that says PASS!

Anyone remember Intellivision? - the first high quality competition to Atari.

CreamDream

Real men never define acronyms
I'm so F*****G excited, this saturday i get my 360. I'm getting Perfect Dark 0 (not a good game but i am addicted to Xbox Live) and Oblivion. I dont think i will be able to sleep for a week after i get it.

Chris84

Goes down smooth.
I played Oblivion for 12 hours straight on Saturday. It still wasn't enough. But be warned time flys playing that game. I'd suggest taking Perfect Dark in still wrapped. Say it was a present and get a different game. Call of Duty 2 online is awesome and Fight Night Round 3 is probably the most perfect boxing game ever. Those are the best games out right now, IMO.

CreamDream

I know Perfect Dark is bad but honestly i never plan on playing the single player. Mostly i'm buying it for the infection online game. It will satisfy me untill Halo comes out. I'm very easy to please.

Chris84

Goes down smooth.
CreamDream said:
I know Perfect Dark is bad but honestly i never plan on playing the single player. Mostly i'm buying it for the infection online game. It will satisfy me untill Halo comes out. I'm very easy to please.
Oh I'm not saying Perfect Dark isn't fun, but the others were more satisfying online and off. Are you getting the premium system?

CreamDream

tattooed84 said:
Oh I'm not saying Perfect Dark isn't fun, but the others were more satisfying online and off. Are you getting the premium system?
Definitely. I figure i can pay the extra hundred now or buy the core set and have Bill Gates rape me up the ass. IMO there is no reason to get the core set if you are a gamer. The hard drive alone is like $70, plus wireless controllers are almost necessary because i am a complete slob.

Nazarah

The stickiest of the ickiest
I am sticking it out for the PS3. That is going to be sweet.

CreamDream

PS3 will be fun but it'll probably break some people's budgets (like mine :cry: ). I think the revolution will be very fun and Nintendo wont make the same mistakes they made with the Gamecube. plus its only gonna be around $150. :happy:

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
I've got a 360, with Tiger Woods, Call of Duty 2, and Burnout Revenge, currently playing Burnout Revenge. Madden sucked chocolate salty balls. I was always a NFL 2k series fan. My gamertag is "LankBadly"

I have both a PS2 and an XBox, and plan on getting a PS3. I'll wait on the 360, heard about lot of overheating problems. Once they get a better version of it on the market, I'd get one. I'm sure PS3 won't be perfect right away either.
My favorites have to be organized by genre. So here we go...

Action
GTA: San Andreas - classic series, best sequal hands down. skydiving still remains a total trip for me. ever see the back of a $20 bill? on weed?

Race Sims
Gran Turismo 4 - simply amazing in ever way. i'd almost rather play this game, than drive in real life. only because i have a piece of shit car. anyway...tons of cars, tracks and races, a sweet way to become a hermit.

Shoot em up:
Red Faction - i've played tons of first person shooters, and this is one of the best i've played.
Rainbow Six series and Unreal were good too. I'd rather play first person shooters on the PC though. Half Life 2 baby!

Fantasy/Roleplaying
Champions of Norrath 1 & 2 - highly addictive games, and the option to customize your characters and name was a good addition
PC: Neverwinter Nights - a free online game well worth the time to get into. there are other good PC fantasy games where you have to pay monthly for it, and those don't even have a sweet single player like NwN has. Check this out if you're into fantasy even a little bit. Neverwinter 2 is coming out soon. Can't wait.

Fighting
Tekken 4 & 5 - classic series, Tekken Tag was one of my favorites, undefeated with Jin/Jun combo.
Soul Caliber 3 - this game is essentially the same game as Tekken, but new characters and weapons. This newest one has an option to make your own fighter. There are templates online for cool characters like Jesus, Hitler, Sephiroth and Cloud from the FF7 game, Death, Maximus from The Gladiator, and tons more.

I'm sure no one else is reading by now so I'll just stop for now. Occasionally when I feel the need, I'll edit this and expand.

:wave:

CreamDream

IntolerantOmahonkie said:
I'll wait on the 360, heard about lot of overheating problems. Once they get a better version of it on the market, I'd get one. I'm sure PS3 won't be perfect right away either.
well there is a fix if you are a power geek you should check it out.

Most recently i've been playing Morrowind for my Xbox in anticipation for Oblivion. But besides that i haven't played consoles in a while, i'm happy enough with Metroid, Advance Wars, and Mario Kart for the DS.

TwistednEvil

"Someone sh*t on the coats!"
Here's what I'm into at the moment:

PS2- Medal of Honor: European Assault, Champions of Norrath 1 & 2, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Namco Museum (Galaga, Pac Man, etc...)

PC- Star Wars: Empire At War, Neverwinter Nights, Fate, Heroes of Might & Magic 3 (a classic), Medal of Honor: Allied Assault...

jugHEAD

Tonight we are doin' it wookiestyle baby!
Alinthemorning said:
I spend some time in the arcade here, mostly playing the classics that I seem to have forgotten all the ways to succeed. My kids have PS2 and Super Nintendo. We have some fun weekend tournaments in Madden or golf. Not into it as much as some of you younger guys, but I enjoy having some quality time with the boys.

Like Larry the Cable Guy says - "How the hell do you pass on this thing?" (push C, then B, then up, then B, C, A, A, Up!) Why don't they just put a freakin button on there that says PASS!

Anyone remember Intellivision? - the first high quality competition to Atari.
Intellevision rocked!!! I saw one of those plug into your tv games that had 15 Intellevision Classic games on it for like $20 at Wallgreens the other day, but the boss said no!!!! Dammit

Bomaster1

Intellevision baseball was great. Between that and drinking cost me my freshman year in college.:drunk: :smoke: That sucked, but soooo much fun.:whack: Now I've been playing MVP College Baseball 06 for PS2.

Top Bottom