The Video Game Thread

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
Yeah, I'm a big xbox fan, but that new unit doesn't really inspire me to ditch all my old games and get something else that won't work with have of my gear.

Only if 2kSports would resurrect a new NFL2kx football franchise...

viking80fan

One of the remaining few!
They want the XBOX One to be your entertainment system. You are supposed to be able to hook up your Digital Box through it and watch TV if you are not playing games. Streaming movies, TV Shows, etc., will also be an option.

They have stated that it is not backward compatible with XBOX 360 games and you won't be able to play any arcade games you have purchased. If I understand it correctly, you will be able to upload your games (360 included) into the cloud and play your games from there. I am still waiting to see if a reviewer can do this.

One of the problems will be re-selling your games. Supposedly, if you buy a used game, you will be given a special code that can only be redeemed once.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
Yeah, that's what they want, and that would be nice if it worked that way.

I still can't get Windows Media Player to stream or work very well on Xbox360, and streaming music from my network drive is slower than Mike in January. How are they gonna get Live TV to work? How are they gonna descramble paid content through satellite and cable providers?

Reselling games will be possible, but Microsoft and the publisher will be getting a bigger cut, rather than Gamestop, which is fine by me.

It's really about games, and I've got good enough games coming out of my ears that I don't need another console to play better looking ones.

I'm probably just getting old. :headbang:

TNT_Tony

Olivia Munn is F***ing HOT!!
Another result of the Xbox One being announced was, the sales of the Wii U on Amazon UK going up by 875%. Speaking of the Wii U, Target.com is selling the basic version for $240, instead of $300. I'm assuming that's valid in the actual stores as well, but I don't know for sure.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
Yeah. They did knock a huge chunk off the WiiU price. I'm not sure who, if anybody, will be releasing the killer game this year

viking80fan

One of the remaining few!
What bother me about the introduction is that they focused so much on the "Entertainment System" angle so much. They didn't get to the gaming until about half-an-hour into the presentation. Sony's intro of PS4 focused on gaming first, then the tangibles thereafter.

Hardcore games will most likely switch to PS4 before they get XBox One. I am going to wait for all the dust to settle and the price to come down. I am happy with my 360 and PS3 right now.

Dave, I keep playing SNES games.

TNT_Tony

I bought Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, mostly for the 8 new levels that were added.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
My son isn't too interested in that game yet. He probably will be as soon as he sees his friends have it.

Dave

KingDick
Staff member
I'm an Xbox fan, but Microsoft really screwed the pooch on this one. I think the 360 is the end of the line for me.

The only thing that I saw benefitting the Xbox One is that it had a few more interesting games, and not a lot of remakes like the PS4. But I don't think that will persuade ANYBODY to take the Xbox One over the PS4.

The only thing that might help the XBox One is if they just completely removed the disc game to save money, and just sell licenses to their games for $30 or less. That's basically what they're doing now, just using the CD as a delivery system, locking it in to one or 2 (at the most) owners. If they could just sell the games for half the price, maybe that would help sales, and nobody would care as much about buying used games.

I'm not interested in watching TV and playing games at the same time. I have an Input/Source button on my remote for that.

TNT_Tony

The new Super Smash Bros. looks awesome. They revealed Mega Man as a playable character. It's funny how everyone, but Capcom, is showing Mega Man some love these days.

Top Bottom